Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Honey I watched – “Shrink”

Movie time. A little unusual of me to watch a movie on a weekday, but I was in mood to break traditions. Watched a movie called "Shrink" starring his holiness Kevin Spacey, directed by Jonas Pate whom I have never heard of before.

I heard a very cool term sometime back when I was watching a God-awful movie, Powder Blue. It's called "Hyperlink Cinema". A sub genre has parallel stories that somehow merge in a very cool way. The perfect example that comes to mind, the movie called "Magnolia". Also not to forget the oh so famous and Oscar favorite "Crash". Well let us talk about this one then. It has a heavy weight actor playing the lead. But thats about it. Sorry to burst the bubble on this one so early but I don't feel like rambling too much.

The movie had good intentions, but just like with every unoriginal idea you cant help but fell," been there, done that". These so called hyperlink movies I fell are so difficult to write that 90% of time they get it wrong. They are also difficult to appreciate (I don't think I can find too many people who liked Magnolia)

In one scene, a girl is playing the recorded voice of Kevin Spacey. I wish I had a voice like that. Wow that was really random of me. Anyways as always the movie true to its genre had dreamy electric guitar playing for background score and hazy cinematography (don't know the technical term for it). There are plenty of people with shit loads of problems and each seems to out do the other. So to put it in brief, nothing original. But.. but … but … I don't want to be so unfair. It is watchable. So go for it. If you have Netflix then stream it and you can appreciate the holiness of his heavenly Kevin Spacey. ( I don think that was correct English, but who cares)

No comments: